Nose Surgery is one of the most commonly requested procedures among women and men. It is also one of the most commonly requested procedures for adolescents. Since the nose is a central focal point on the face, it is important to evaluate the specific features of the nose in order to decide on the right approach to nose surgery. The At-Home approach to evaluating your reasons for nose surgery may be valuable because when you meet with a nose surgeon, he or she will take time to evaluate the precise features of the nose that are bothersome to you, including.
1. Lumps or bumps that may appear on the nose anytime after birth.
2. Nose depressions that appear as indentations on surfaces of the nose which may be present at birth or thereafter.
3. Nostrils of the nose that are very wide or conversely, very narrow.
4. Nostrils of the nose that appear to be too open on the nose.
5. Nose with pointed nasal tip.
6. Nose with flat nasal tip.
7. Nose with bulbous nasal tip.
8. Nose that is crooked in a frontal or side view.
9. Nose is off center in relation to the face.
10. Nose that is asymmetric in any other way.
If any of the above descriptions apply to your nose, you may be a candidate for
nose surgery. Yet, this list is a partial list of qualifications that you must
meet in order to be a candidate for nose surgery. Plastic surgeons will review
medical history, medications that you are taking, maturation of the individual
for surgery, as well as the extent of cartilage and bone that may be required
to alter in order to achieve satisfactory results.
People interested in nose surgery are advised to seek out plastic surgeons that have
extensive experience with nose surgery. People are also advised to research
information about nose surgery through third party resources such as myatlantaplasticsurgeon.com. It’s also important to note that nose surgery will not
provide perfection of the nose. Yet, most all people that undergo nose surgery are
pleased with the outcome of the procedure.